Drifting Cities goes to EFS VOD

My film Drifting Cities goes online at EFS VOD. - https://vimeo.com/ondemand/driftingcities

Shot across Detroit City and Dublin City, specifically Darndale, it captures a very personal and strange dreamlike atmosphere I experienced intermittently over the course of about 5 years (2012-2017). I could compare it to fragmented diary, journal or travelogue that comprises of a collection of moments that manage to seep through some cracks in time and space and tap me on the shoulder.

It is a gaseous dream. The images are manipulated, in camera, to such an extent they do not represent reality and are quite often unrecognisable as the above mentioned locations. Sounds are layered on top of one another that it scarcely leaves room to breathe and there is dialogue scattered throughout but there is no voice heard speaking them.

It is a film I could never of made with any pre-production, script or concrete planning, I simply pointed the camera at moments of inspiration with no questions or reasons why. I was totally lost in making it and the path to completion was paved by the people I met: old friends, found friends and passed friends.

Comments